What Is A.I. Formula?
A.I. Formula is a broad spectrum, synergistic combination
of concentrated extracts which inhibit the discharge
of histamine from activated mast cells or basophils
and maintain healthy leukotriene and thromboxane
Uses For A.I. Formula
• A.I. Formula offers a safe and natural way to regulate
histamine production and other immune modulators,
thus moderating the inflammatory response at the
• Quercetin inhibits the synthesis of enzymes necessary
for the release and degranulation of histamine.*
• Bromelain inhibits the production of kinins and fibrin,
compounds that promote the inflammatory process.*
• Curcuma longa, or turmeric, maintains healthy histamine
release and immune cell response.*
• Ginger moderates leukotriene and thromboxane synthesis,
important mechanisms for cellular and tissue support.*
The Source of A.I. Formula
This formula contains: bromelain (2400 gdu/gram), a
proteolytic enzyme from the stem of the pineapple plant;
Curcuma longa(turmeric) extract standardized to contain
97% curcuminoids; quercetin, which is primarily derived
from the Brazilian botanical dimophandra; ginger extract
( Zingiber officinale) (root) (standardized to contain 5%
gingerols); vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate) derived from
corn dextrose fermentation.
Potential Side Effects Or Precautions in Using A.I. Formula
If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before
taking this product. A.I. Formula contains Curcuma
longa, which is not recommended for individuals
Potential Drug Interactions
A.I. Formula contains bromelain and ginger, which should
not be taken with blood thinning medications due to
potential or theoretical interactions.
Ingredients and Dosage
each vegetable capsule contains
quercetin- 250 mg.
Curcuma longa (turmeric) extract - 150 mg.
(standardized to contain 97% curcuminoids)
bromelain (2,400 gdu/gram) - 200 mg.
ginger (Zingiber officinale) extract - 100 mg.
(standardized to contain 5% gingerols)
vitamin C (as ascorbyl palmitate) - 14 mg.
2–6 capsules per day, in divided doses, between meals.
1. Tordera M, Ferrandiz ML, Alcaraz MJ. Influence of anti-inflammatory
flavonoids on degranulation and arachidonic acid release in rat neutrophils.
Z Naturforsch [C] 1994 Mar;49(3-4):235-240.
2. Mascolo N, Pinto A, Capasso F. Flavonoids, leucocyte migration and
eicosanoids. J Pharm Pharmacol 1988 Apr;40(4):293-295.
3. Gu ZL, Xie ML, Qian ZN. Effect of quercetin on chemiluminescence of
human platelets induced by by arachidonic acid. Zhongguo Yao Li Xue Bao
4. Sreejayan; Rao MN. Nitric oxide scavenging by curcuminoids. J Pharm
Pharmacol 1997 Jan;49(1):105-7.
5. Srivastava R. Inhibition of neutrophil response by curcumin. Agents
Actions 1989 Nov;28(3-4):298-303.
6. Srivastava R; Srimal RC. Modification of certain inflammation-induced
biochemical changes. Indian J Med Res 1985 Feb;81:215-23.
7. Srivastava KC, Mustafa T. Ginger (Zingiber officinale) in rheumatism and
musculoskeletal disorder. Med Hypotheses 1992 Dec;39(4):342-8.
8. Kumakura S, Yamashita M, Tsurufuji S. Effect of bromelain on kaolininduced
inflammation in rats. Eur J Pharmacol 1988 Jun 10;150(3):295-301.
9. Ako H, Cheung AH, Matsuura PK. Isolation of a fibrinolysis enzyme
from commercial Bromelain. Arch Int Pharmacodyn Ther 1981
10. Vellini M, Desideri D, Milanese A, Omini C, Daffonchio L, Hernandez A,
Brunelli G. Possible involvement of eicosanoids in the pharmacological
action of bromelain. Arzneimittelforschung 1986;36(1):110-112.
11. Healthnotes Clinical Essentials. Copyright 2004. Healthnotes, Inc.
*This is a statement of nutritional support. This statement has not been
evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to
diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This information is for educational purposes only. Consult your physician for
any health problems.
Source: Product Information Sheet from Pure Encapsulations
Manufacturers continually change product
specifications. While we try our best to keep product descriptions up to date,
they do not necessarily reflect the latest information available from the
manufacturer. We are not responsible for incorrect or outdated product
descriptions and/or images.
Product Information - Home
Find Jewelry Gifts
Specialgifts.com Infocenter Home
Vitamins and Nutrition Infocenter at 1stholistic.com
Vitamins Knowledgebase at 1stholistic.com
Herbal Medicine Infocenter at Holisticonline.com
Herbs Knowledgebase at Holisticonline.com
about the Information Provided Here